The way to build a gabion wall
Gabion wall is made up of high quality low carbon steel wire, iron wire ,it is wire structures, in essence large baskets, that are filled with rock or masonry material to form large blocks for structures such as retaining walls or channel linings with the characters of Economic, Simple installation, corrosion resistant, Good permeation, Less transport freight. The size of gabion wall can be small or large. it is useful to line culverts and stop slope erosion for the homeowner.
1. First, you should account the width and the height of the gabion wall through measuring the place you want to use the gabion wall.
2. Then you need buy gabion baskets for your project. You can see that gabion baskets come in a variety of sizes and styles. You can select the size you calculate in the first step.
3. Prepare the area where is level and graded the first row of gabions mesh will be situated. For a small project this can be done by hand with shovels, but larger projects may require the rental of a backhoe. It will be the best to consult with local equipment rental companies.
4. Lay out your first row of gabions, Tie the gabion mesh together with 14-gauge or better steel wire, wrapping the edges of each gabion together in several spots with the wire. Cut the wire with heavy wire cutters then use pliers to wrap the wire.
5. Fill the gabions mesh with rock. You can use rocks available on-site, or rocks purchased for the job. Consult with local stone centers on the styles and prices of rock available.
6. Then you need to fill behind the row of gabion mesh with soil or rock. If the job is big, you had better use a backhoe, just shovel the fill if the job is small.
7. Stack new rows onto the first row of the wall if necessary. Step back the rows to match the contour of the slope you're building the wall against, and tie the second row to the first with wire.
Then you will find a gabion wall finished.
- Prev : Welded Wire Fence
- Next:No Article